August 8, 2004

CBS-TV ran a report on the unreliability of online news and information last
night.  The fledgling SF politician below was cited.

My wife and I went to see “Maria Full of Grace” today.  It is a wonderful
film that humanizes the lives of some Colombian women trapped by the global
economy.

Seth Sandronsky

In the News today by Michael Perelman

The Sacramento Bee juxtaposed to stories today, perhaps accidentally,
regarding hoaxes.  In one case, a young man who wanted to publicize his run
for supervisor in San Francisco faked his own beheading.  I understand that
the authorities want to punish him as severely as possible.

In the other story, Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger conspired to put off
the
retreat from Saigon until after the 1972 election.  Countless people died
from
the delay, yet Richard Nixon was rewarded with his reelection and Kissinger
remains an unindicted or criminal and successful pundit.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321