Marvin Gandall wrote:
> I don't attach much credibility to what opportunistic politicians say
in
> election campaigns -- particularly in Kerry's case, where he perceives
his
> electoral fortunes, rightly or wrongly, to be dependent on adaptation
to a
> segment of the voting population infected with a high degree of
chauvinism.

Huh??? A clear majority of Americans now thinks the war was a mistake.
Beyond that, 90 percent of the delegates at the DP convention thought
the same thing. I wouldn't call Kerry an adaptationist at all. I would
say that he is swimming against the stream.
<<<<<>>>>>

kerry, of course, did go to war...

guy i work with taught at school overseas with jfk's sister years ago
and he says that she talked about how her brother wanted to be prez as
teen (reminds of what used to be reported about clinton), he joined
military because he thought that would be useful in later career,
noticed wind was blowing in different direction after coming back from
vietnam and jumped on anti-war bandwagon (some may recall flap a few
months back
over whether or not jfk was at v v a w meeting in which presidential
assassination was
raised, 'suggestion' was attributed to gainesville 8 defendant scott
camil who feds would later try to kill), surely no one (even his
loudest/strongest 'left' supporters) ever thought kerry was gonna rock
the boat...   michael hoover

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from
College employees
regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon
request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.