The introduction to a post on Counterpunch — a conversation between Michael
Hudson and Chris Hedges has the opening remarks pasted here:

> CHRIS HEDGES: We’re going to be discussing a great Ponzi scheme that not only
> defines not only the U.S. but the global economy, how we got there and where
> we’re going. And with me to discuss this issue is the economist Michael
> Hudson, author of Killing the Host: How Financial Parasites and Debt Destroy
> the Global Economy. A professor of economics who worked for many years on
> Wall Street, where you don’t succeed if you don’t grasp Marx’s dictum that
> capitalism is about exploitation. And he is also, I should mention, the
> godson of Leon Trotsky.

That last sentence was a real surprise to me.  Can someone elucidate?

The conversation itself was a sad confusion.  Hedges was up to it and Hudson
wasn’t able to keep things on track.

the URL:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/25/the-great-ponzi-scheme-of-the-global-economy/

Gene