I'm happy about the result. But who can be happy about the process that led
to the result? If Scalia were still alive, this was widely expected to go
the other way. The timing of the death of an individual is a random event.
Should "justice" depend on a roll of the dice? Let's agitate for structural
reforms of the Supreme Court, such as fixed terms of office, like sixteen
years; and let's formalize the procedure for filling vacancies, so we never
again have a "refuse to vote" fiasco like we now do with Judge Garland.