On Nov 17, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Devine, James wrote:

From: "Patrick Bond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
... It is disappointing to hedge a bet that the Marxist/materialist
blinders would lead one to think that EHM was a hoax, because he's a
new-ager.  That may help explain, sadly, why the US-left may never win
hearts and minds of  Christian-middle-America...woe to us all...<

FWIW, one of the few things that the US Left shares with Christian
middle Americans is a disdain for New Age religion. The exception is
those members of the US left who are also New Agers. On the other hand,
Christians -- especially the evangelistic type -- really hate New Age
religion, seeing it as pagan.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's a song I wrote over the years (there are three "first stanzas" depending on who was president). Enjoy.

Dan Scanlan
I Think I’ll Stay Home And Get Centered
© 1991, 1993, 2001 Dan Scanlan

(1)
There's a CIA, drug runnin', oil baron banker in the White House...
(2)
There’s a two-faced, non-inhalin’, cult-killin', World Bank shill in the White House...
(3)
There's a born-again, smirk-faced, daddy's little coke freak in the White House
Sold out donkeys and treacherous lackeys populate the Senate and the House
And the cops in LA with a straight of four clubs beat on a King on his back
While media-made dullards yahoo with their flags the massacre of Iraq.
I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home
And get centered.

The Kuwaiti emir cried a big tear when his gold bathroom faucet was plunder
I know how he feels, I had a few bucks in an S&L that’s gone under
My dad’s pension plan went belly-up on the whim of a legislative dolt
While army storm troopers dropped from the sky in Panama, Iraq & Humbolt.
I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home
And get centered.

I’ll hide my head in the sand to my fill and in private take stock of my Karma
I’ll stall my demise with a homeopath pill and stake out a plot in Nirvana
The couch potato hugs a beer in his hand, he’s numb in his new world confusion
But I’ve taken worshops all over this land, I’ve got a good hold on illusion
I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home
And get centered.

Cop cars screech U-turns at Broad Street and Pine
While garbage slingin’ supervisors make skate boards a crime
A new jail at the top of the old sewer line, now that’s pushin’ our luck
Kinda’ like haulin’ our wealth and our health on a Robinson Timber truck
       I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home, I think I’ll stay home
       And get centered.

       I think I’ll say "O-m-m-m-m-m".