Luckily, I used the weasel-word "exaggerated" which means that even if
you're right, I'm right too.
;-)

Doug also wrote:
>When the dollar declined in 1986 and 1987, inflation rose from below 2%
to above 4%.<

One difference was that during that period, the unemployment rate in
both the US and the other rich countries listed in the ERP was falling.
This time, though I don't have the stats in front of me, I believe that
the unemployment rate in the "other rich countries" is rising.

Jim Devine, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; web: http://myweb.lmu.edu/jdevine/