aha! it's _Continental Trailways_ that went broke. So the Greyhound sign that I
now remember seeing in Sacramento wasn't an illusion or an atavism.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://myweb.lmu.edu/jdevine

________________________________

From: PEN-L list on behalf of Seth Sandronsky
Sent: Thu 11/25/2004 7:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L] Subject: Re: Fucked up American Airlines

Carrol, Charles and Jim,

Greetings.  Greyhound is open for biz in downtown Sacramento, a stone's
throw from the state Capitol building.  Greyhound's competition, Continental
Trailways, went bust around 15 years ago, if I recall correctly.  This
industry shakeout cut service, with an unclear effect on the price of travel
on Greyhound, a low-cost option for ground transportation by low/no wage
Americans.

Charles, I forgot to note that John Roseboro of the LA Dodgers was struck by
Juan Marichal of the SF Giants in my Fight night in the NBA post yesterday.
Oops!

Seth

Flight attendants, the working day and labor solidarity, by Seth Sandronsky
http://sevenoaksmag.com/commentary/40_comm3.html