http://www.econhumanrights.org/

Mission
We are a growing group of low-income activists and our allies, lawyers, and
academics outraged at living in the richest country of the world while
millions of Americans suffer and die due to economic human rights violations
such as inadequate shelter, food, health care and social services. The
Economic Human Rights Project was founded 10 years ago to bring together
grassroots U.S. activists to extend understanding of the overarching nature
and grave violations of economic human rights rooted in systemic
inequalities - not the individual fault or the personal limitations of
low-income people.

We are challenging our government on its economic human rights violations by
using the UN Declaration of Human Rights
<http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/lang/eng.htm> . Articles 22, 23, 24 and 25 of
United Nations Human Rights Charter guarantee right to: decent work
conditions and wages, food, clothing, housing, medical care, necessary
social services and extends special protections to mothers and children,
whether born in or out of wedlock. We believe organizing around these rights
and garnering national and international attention will shift power
relationships in the United States.

For more information, see the Economic Human Rights Violations Project.
<http://www.econhumanrights.org/violations.htm>

________________________________

*       Home <http://www.econhumanrights.org/index.htm>
*       Mission <http://www.econhumanrights.org/Mission.htm>
*       History <http://www.econhumanrights.org/history.htm>
*       Urgent Issues <http://www.econhumanrights.org/issues.htm>
*       In the News <http://www.econhumanrights.org/news.htm>
*       Past & Present Leaders <http://www.econhumanrights.org/leaders.htm>

*       Organizational Connections
<http://www.econhumanrights.org/links.htm>
*       Current Projects <http://www.econhumanrights.org/projects.htm>
*       Volunteer/Job Openings <http://www.econhumanrights.org/jobs.htm>

        Click here <http://world.std.com/%7Egubin/Election/draft1.htm>  to
visit the Truth in Elections project at its temporary home.

And click here <http://www.econhumanrights.org/Strategies2.htm>  to see the
Strategies for impact on the election certification process and forcing
publicity on voting rights violations (at its temporary home).

________________________________

Projects

Campaign for UN Observers for 2004 US Presidential Elections
<http://www.econhumanrights.org/UNObservers.htm>

Summer4Justice <http://www.summer4justice.org/> sponsored the youth-led
"Youth Unite 2 Fight" workshop at the Active Arts Youth Conference, part of
the Boston Social Forum, on July 24th.
Download the flyer here <http://www.summer4justice.org/flyer.doc> .

CuttingEJ <http://www.cuttingej.org/>

March to Abolish Poverty <http://www.abolishpoverty.org/>

Economic Justice Legal Advocacy Project
<http://www.econhumanrights.org/legal.htm>

EHRP also sponsored several low-income-led workshops
<http://www.econhumanrights.org/workshops.htm>  at the Boston Social Forum,
July 23-25, 2004. You can download the brochure for the Anti-Poverty track
here <http://www.econhumanrights.org/Anti_Poverty_Brochure> .

49 Francesca Avenue Somerville, MA 02144 Email Us!
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>