"Devine, James" wrote:

> I think that's the right attitude. Whether someone is a "liberal" is of
> secondary or tertiary or even lowerary importance. Labels are much less
> important than concrete issues of politics.

I believe Marx had something along that line to say in the Critique of
the Gotha Programme. During 2004 we (Jan & I) made it clear that we were
not going to vote or campaign for Kerry, but _neither_ did we put
pressure on others not to: we figured that could wait. We've got three+
years now to undermine faith in the DP.

And I just now noted, glancing at the subject line, that "wolves" in it
would have a different content from different perspectives -- i.e., the
wolves could be reds :-) But then wolves have always been unfairly
treated in folk tales.

Carrol