so do we want a SEC leader who serves the long-term interests of
financial capital by seriously regulating finance (and protecting
small and outsider financiers) -- or one who serves the short-term
greed of big financial investors, i.e., Cox?

Maybe with Cox as Cox of the Walk, small financiers will decide to
stop trusting Wall Street altogether. If WS begins to be seen as
nothing but inside baseball, maybe many more people will reject the
idea that what's good for the Street is good for the world (as they
should).

--
Jim Devine
"Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way