I think it if safe for me to say that almost no one in Italy thinks
seriously of a return to the lira.
These Northern League people are doing much fuss because of internal
politics.
Most people think, including myself, that the problem is not the
currency but rather the power devolution
given to central bankers with monetary targets in their minds.
In Europe the target of the ECB is keeping inflation low and they stick
to that, even if this means
unemployment.It seems to me that people in Fance or Holland, are
rejecting that type of policy.

Massimo Portolani