In some ways, didn't the nationalist "model" of economic growth (given
the reality of economic dependency) contribute to the Latin American
accumulation of debt that helped create the debt crisis in the first
place?

--
Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence
of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles