Greetings Economists,
On Sep 2, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

Actually, speaking as somebody who spent a couple of hours with Doug,
his
wife Liza and their new baby Ivan on Friday night, I can attest to his
deep
emotional attachments not just to his immediate family but to the left
in
general. Doug, who I've known since the late 80s, easily could have
gone to
work on Wall Street and made a ton of money with his Yale degree and
his
mastery of finance. Instead, he plugs away for no money at all bringing
left activists and scholars to the attention of the Pacifica audience
in
NYC. You don't do those things unless you have the kind of love of
humanity
that Che Guevara spoke about.

Doyle;
That speaks well of Doug.  Which does not contradict what I said
either.  In fact what I think is missing in the U.S. left at least is
the sort of reconciliation you two had.  A means of binding the left
into a mass movement.  Of absorbing homosexuality into the mass
movement, and more important to me, disabled people (I reject the
language of PWD or People with Disabilities).
thanks,
Doyle