Jim just signed off.  I guess I cannot question his choice.  This debate
represented
some of the worst in e-mail exchanges.  People's motives were impugned.  Insults
flew.  All the while, people were making lofty proclamations without really
listening to each other.

And, as I noted before, the irony is that the subject was about building
solidarity.

Not only did Jim sign off (hopefully temporarily), but others hesitate to post
for
fear of saying the "wrong" thing.

--
Michael Perelman