On Oct 24, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

Appealing work time policy has been MIA almost everywhere.  The truth
be told, lots of women -- especially women with young children --
prefer part-time to full-time work, as BBC suggested, not just in Iran
but most countries including rich ones, the preference being shaped by
an unequal division of care-giving labor.

Speaking from immediate personal experience, yes women with young
children, specifically my wife, would like to work less - but we're
just planning to have one child. Ahmadinejad wants to reduce hours so
they can have more kids. That's a big difference. Pro-natalist
policies like this are typically found in reactionary, anti-feminist
regimes.

Doug