I still think that if fascists were in power, we wouldn’t be having an open discussion of it.

ML

Comment

The issue posed and stated by me was never fascists in power but a fascist in power seeking to change the constitutional regime. Why pose the issue as the immanent ascension to power . . . versus sowing the seeds of fascism and suggest that other have taken a position that the federal authority of America is a fascist dictatorship?

I personally believe that fascists could seize the federal authority - not an abstract power, in America and such discussions like this would not end overnight. At least hypothetically . . .  which is the terms in which you are speaking.

See people are going to continue to speak out in the jails and on the streets, even if in a whisper. People speak out in the jails and continue to rebel against all odds. The idea that it is possible to shut up everyone is not well thought out. What actually happens under extreme terror is that the symbols of dialogue are altered and people speak easy.

Plus, surveillance itself is a value relations - profit making entity, as is the industry of incarceration. America is a huge country and the ruling class itself has sectarian interest that compels it to politically split. Further, sections and sectors of capital itself enter into antagonism with itself on the basis revolution in the mode of production.  Further, the body of political fascists themselves go through splits and rifts opening social space for dialogue, even if in mystic symbolic terms.

No one has stated that political fascism has triumphed in America in any of the post I have read and I have tried to read all of them.

Melvin P.