Can we try to focus on the issues (and avoid ad hominus personal
attacks)?  I find nastiness winds up with discussions that waste lots of
energy/bandwith, turns a lot of people away, and discourages others from
participating.  Thanks.

Paul

John G. writes:
Sometimes I weary of Devine pedantically impressing his modes of production
stamp upon messy empirical details.

or

Big fat yawn... I've read this before. That's b/c these are crib notes of
David Harvey's _A Brief History of Neo-Liberalism_. How pretentious... using
Pinochet's death as an excuse to pontificate about the archeology of
neo-liberalism, with nary an original thought. It's not like he/she HAD to
do this, like some of us phone in the work effort when the mandates of paid
academic labor call. This is a VOLUNTEER job. At the very least he/she could
plagiarize an innovative analysis of an understudied phenomenon. But which
self-identified neo-Marxist doesn't have his/her diagnosis of the 1970's
crisis (most of which are numbingly familiar)? .....