according to Gardner, there are at least 8 different kinds of
intelligence. One might easily be in the elite for one, but not the
others. Academics are pretty good at "abstract intelligence" (IQ),
perhaps because IQ was developed by academics who saw themselves as
smart. But they often lack social skills....