On Jan 20, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

Activists are not hibernating == but there is no definable
constituency
for our work (cf. students for the anti-war in the '60s, black
community
for the civil-rights movement, industrial workers for the CIO, small
farmers for 19th-c populism). It's hard to aim at "people-in-general."

Something like 2/3 of the U.S. public opposes Bush's policies on Iraq
(not my choice of words - that's the way the pollsters put it); 20%
want to start withdrawing troops immediately, and another 40% within
a year. If an antiwar movement can't work with numbers like that,
it's hopeless.

Doug