Jim Devine wrote:

> More likely, he's faking it, the way Eisenhower did.

I think this should _always_ be the point of departure for any analysis
of any statement by a public official. The burden of proof should be on
those who offer some other explanation. Eisenhower was quite often every
bit as inarticulate as Bush at his worst. And Eisenhower when he wanted
to be was among the most articulate of public figures.

Carrol

^^^^^^
CB; I've always thought that this Bush cultivated an anti-intellectual image
and state of mind, trying to be like Reagan in particular. Even  Bush the
father became very inarticulate and vulgar - stuff like "the vision thing",
"kicked a little ass" - after he saw the folksy image worked for Reagan.
Reagan was the best faker as he was a professional actor.