Moreover, with the production functions that generate flat cost curves, one
cannot satisfy Euler's theorem. If labor is paid the value of its marginal
product, there is nothing left over for capital. Therefore income distribution
becomes political, not economic in the neoclassical sense. This then becomes
true at the macro level as well.

I guess this is what happens when I forget to include the smiley icon. :)