From: "David B. Shemano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <PEN-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [PEN-L] Rightwing billionaire publisher questions Bush's
mental stability

> I would assume that with respect to most things in life, if Richard
Scaife had an opinion about it, you would cite Scaife's support as a
reason to be against.  So, logically, we should assume that Scaife
questioning Bush's mental stability means that Bush is likely mentally
stable and following a well-reasoned policy.  Moreover, Scaife was the
alleged funder of the "vast right-wing conspiracy," so presumably this
editorial is part of that conspiracy, which means that Scaife's call for
a troop withdrawal must be part of a secret agenda intended to identify
Bill Clinton's recent paramours and embarass Hillary.  Remember, follow
the money.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id
> >> =1003612271
> >>
> >> Scaife-Owned Newspaper Calls for Iraq Troop Withdrawal -- Questions
> >> Bush's 'Mental Stability'
> >>
> >> By E&P Staff
> >>
> >> Published: July 16, 2007 3:29 PM ET
> >>
> >> NEW YORK The Pittsburgh newspaper owned by conservative billionaire
> >> Richard Mellon Scaife yesterday called the Bush administration's
plans
> >> to stay the course in Iraq a "prescription for American suicide."
> >>
> >> The editorial in the Tribune-Review added, "And quite frankly,
during
> >> last Thursday's news conference, when George Bush started
blathering
> >> about 'sometimes the decisions you make and the consequences don't
> >> enable you to be loved,' we had to question his mental stability."
> >>
> >> It continued: "President Bush warns that U.S. withdrawal would risk
> >> 'mass killings on a horrific scale.' What do we have today, sir?
> >>
> >> "If the president won't do the right thing and end this war, the
people
> >> must. The House has voted to withdraw combat troops from Iraq by
April.
> >> The Senate must follow suit.
> >>
> >> "Our brave troops should take great pride that they rid Iraq of
Saddam