I see the difference differently.  The NCs take the output as given, then show
how
it is divided equitably and efficiently -- from their perspective.

The classical economistswere looking at an evolutionary path in which prices
gravitated toward natural levels, but I don't think that equilibrium was part
of the
package.

--
Michael Perelman