>I glanced at the book that this article is based on.  It looks like
that
>they estimate intangible capital as the residual of what can't be
>explained by everything else.

In the invention of this inherently unobservable entity, they are
merely following the methodology pioneered by that exemplar of modern
science, Cosmology.  To save the expanding universe/big bang dogma
in the face of a flood of "inexplicable" contrary evidence, modern
cosmologists have recently invented two such inherently unobservable
entities--"dark matter" and "dark energy"--that are supposed to
make up 93 percent of the universe.  These economists are pikers.

^^^^^

CB: Hey and most people are dark people, and they can't get their hands
on most of the wealth. That's actually an economically precise
statement.