my son Guthrie wrote the following Xmas carol: [apologies for the spellng]

Who gets away with surveillance worldwide?
Who gets away with a billion break-ins each year?
Why doesn't he have the law stalking him as he hides?
Why don't they strike his little heart full of fear?
I'll tell you why he still roams the streets today:
He's agent S-T-dot Nick of the NSA!

So deck the halls with hidden-cameras,
microphones, and sensor-arrays.
He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake:
He's S-T-dot Nick of the NSA!

Yeah, he's makin' himself a MOST WANTED list. He's double checkin' it twice.
He's swapped that red cap on his head for a Red-and-Green Beret.
He'll interrogate the witnesses—their naughty 'till proven nice.
Don't be droppin' no Tannen-bombs, 'cause you'll never get away!
Why d'you think the law's been set this way?
'Cause of agent S-T-dot Nick of the NSA!

--
Jim Devine / "The truth is at once less sinister and more dangerous."
-- Naomi Klein.