Greetings Economists,
On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:36 PM, raghu wrote:

I don't see how you get this from the article. Who do you refer to in
"it is viewed as technic"?

Doyle;
The journalist writing the article is using 'reductionism' as a word to
describe a technique of doing research on how biology works.  There is
no 'metaphysics' of reductionism in the journalists article, and the
editors of the magazine 'vetted' the article to be a technique.  I mean
technique in the sense the assembly line is a technical method of
production, but not a metaphysics of capitalist economics.  The
biological companies themselves, drug production, etc. can use their
organizations to build drugs around a systemic approach.

Hence there is no commitment to an ideological reductionism to the
business.  In other words, the Economist magazine reflects that their
staff sees no metaphysics of reductionism, they see a technique of
business arising in various businesses using systemic methods based
upon biological research as the results of reductionist methods can't
systemize what is known about biology.
thanks,
Doyle Saylor