Jason Funke linked:

> http://artofmentalwarfare.com/pog/

Videos are powerful agitational devices.  However, before an
agitational campaign is launched, one needs -- as they used to say --
a tactical plan and a strategy to underpin it.

In Mexico, today, a broad group of left-wing intellectuals and
political activists grouped in a lose front called "Paz con
Democracia" published a 10-age document in La Jornada, "A Call to the
Mexican Nation": IMO a commendable attempt to unite the myriad of
local and topical popular opposition struggles currently staged in
Mexico into a single political stream.  The signatories seem to be
aiming for a movement that unites López Obrador's "legitimate
government" movement with the Zapatista struggle, etc. -- against the
current government.  One might phrase things differently, but it is
persuasively argued, in terms broad enough to invite unity, etc.  So,
overall, a good effort to isolate the government and push harder
against it.  The document has 5 parts: (1) a summary of the historical
juncture; (2) the relevant facts in the area of international
relations (submission to the 'collective imperialism' led by the
U.S.); (3) the relevant facts in the economic, labor, and
environmental areas (disaster); (4) the relevant facts in the legal
area (advanced attempts to subvert the constitution piecemeal); and
(5) a brief summary of the broad range of the struggle for the nation,
which ends with calls for unity and redoubling the fight. Here's the
document (in Spanish):

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2007/11/16/index.php?section=politica&article=024n2pol

They say we should learn from the experiences of others.  So, I wonder
whether PEN-L or LBO-Talk could spearhead an attempt of this sort for
the U.S. -- "mutatis" all the "mutandis" that need mutation.  Take
that as a direct exhortation.  I think there's a huge ferment in the
collective consciousness of this country.  So far, this is a huge
amount of diffuse political energy.  The opportunity to harness this
energy will not last very long.  It's clear to me that the two springs
in this shift int he collective consciousness could be put under two
rubrics: (1) foreign-policy reform (anti-imperialism) and (2) economic
security (universal health care, reduction in inequality, public
investment in infrastructure, education, the greening of the country,
etc.).  Wait for Hillary or whoever to get elected and see what
happens.  Framing a vision for the country that appeals to the working
people of the country (broadly understood) around these two axes would
be a worthwhile effort.  This, I believe, won't be done (if at all) by
the Huffington Post or Daily Kos or the Democrats or the
propagandistic left.  I has to be an honest, plain-English effort to
put all these into words trying to tie into a single array the
struggles aimed to expand the power of the working class (or classes)
over our living and working conditions.  As pitiful as this may seem,
I can only think of a few (non-leftist) intellectuals who are making a
big-picture effort in this department.  Paul Krugman is one of them
(and here I'm referring to his new book and his NY Times column).  Who
else?

Please, if you feel tempted to prove to me that this is useless or
irrelevant or impossible, don't.  Abstain.  Instead, try to answer the
question: How could we help to harness the current discontent felt
among broad sections of the U.S. public into a more coherent (and
therefore effective) movement that expands the power of workers over
their living and working conditions?