On 12/13/07, Charles Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They make money, get liquidity injections,  coming and going, rain or
> shine.

Waah! It's so... so UNFAIR! But what are we to expect? An "equitable" fix to
the financial crisis would necessarily entail a revolution in class power.
It is an action that could only be carried out by a different class subject.

Documenting the unfairness of a finance capitalist resolution to a crisis of
finance capital is hardly news. Dilke did a creditable (pun intended) job of
that in 1821. What is more urgent is to outline strategic responses to the
all too predictable inequity. Furthermore, to be capable of realization,
those strategies must be linked to spontaneous actions and organic movements
of an incipient revolutionary class. Dilke took a good crack at the first
part of that in his pamphlet, which Marx "rescued from obscurity". Dr. Marx
connected the dots to strategy from spontaneity.

The key offered by those two 19th-century sages can be summed up in two
sentences, which I will refrain from repeating because I have already done
so ad nauseum.

What's "money" got to do with it, anyway?

--
Sandwichman