Patrick Bond wrote:
> In my view, the proper conception of 'crisis' is Robert Cox's, when the
> internal logic of a system is inadequate to get the stabilising and
> equilibrating forces back into play, and an external shock outside the
> logic of the system (i.e. devalorisation in the case of capitalist
> crisis) is required.

devalorization is "outside the logic of the system"? it seems a normal
part of even the mildest cyclical "crisis."

And there are degrees of crisis, from a cyclical downturn (e.g., the
one at the end of Geo. Bush père's term) to the crisis implied by the
rise of the USSR back in the 1920s.

If there is a "real" crisis, I'd define it in terms of its undermining
of the legitimacy of the capitalist system.
--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.