me:
> > Fluorescent bulbs are bad in other ways. Many people are driven to
> > distraction by their flickering. Folks with AD/HD or on the autism
> > spectrum, for two.

> In terms of flickering; higher quality FL don't flicker, though they
> still appear to cause problems for a minority of people. Obviously
> standard bulbs should be discouraged rather than outlawed. This would
> appear to be a perfect case for a green tax; put a two dollar per bulb
> tax on incandescent bulbs.

right. But what about those of us who are aggravated by fluorescents
but have to work for companies who use them? maybe we could set up a
cap-and-trade system.

> Give a $5 or $10 a month subsidy to people
> with medical disabilities aggrevated by FL to compensate for the added
> cost of incadescents for them.

it makes more sense to give the monthly rebate to everyone, because we
don't want to create the incentive for people to fake being aggravated
by fluorescent bulbs.
--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.