 Michael Smith wrote:
> But the Israel lobby does, and the Israel lobby has even more
> clout with the Dems than it has with the Reeps.

the way I read the weather suggests that Israel Lobby -- or rather the
Israel Lobbies -- is a bit chastened when it comes to foreign policy
and needs allies in the multilateralist camp, just as the
multilateralist camp needs allies in Europe. The revelation that Iran
had discontinued any bomb programs a few years ago undermined European
support for the anti-Iran war.
--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.