On Feb 6, 2008 10:50 AM, Charles Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ^^^^
> CB: Not disagreeing with you about the content of their thesis, but
> late 40's , 50's was the high point in membership  and influence of
> organized labor, so, I'm wondering how that was a point in time that the
> working class was beaten in comparison with other times.

It was a time period where American labor finally centered in on
itself and the concept of American exceptional-ism as something more
important than some Japanese worker's predicament (staying in the time
period... Now it would be Saipan, Pakistan... endless list of 3rd
world developing nations) and pretty much rejected the rest of the
global labor movement as an interference, an impediment to ... to put
it quite bluntly, 'Getting Their's".

If you truly ARE a labor movement... You've been beaten.

Leigh