Hi Doug, I don't agree.  I would encourage others in this list to watch the
channel themselves and form their own conclusion.  You may have felt that the
empasis on building friendly economic relations with other countries or other
contents were 'propaganda' but this is meaningful here.

  Anyway, all the best, Eric

Doug Henwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On Feb 17, 2008, at 9:24 PM, Eric Sommer wrote:

> One more suggestion: CCTV 9, China's English language television
> service, is probably available as an option on cable television in
> your area. It's a great way to learn more about this country.

I've watched a fair amount of it. It comes off like propagnda, with
not quite the technical skills or polemical genius of the Fox News
Channel. You've kind of shot your credibility with this remark.

Doug

"True development puts first those that  society puts last."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"Dare to be naive."
- Buckminster Fuller

"Work for the world."
- Karl Marx

"A loving heart: In all the world this state of mind is best."
 - ADM CEO