On June 20th a group called the Foreign Policy Initiative sent a
letter to the Republicans in the House of Representatives urging
Congress not to allow cuts in US funding of NATO’s military operations
in Libya. The Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) is a non-profit, tax-
exempt organization  The FPI  is just another CFR front organization
promoting CFR US foreign policy.

On September 12, 1939, the Council on Foreign Relations began to take
control of the Department of State. On that day Hamilton Fish
Armstrong, Editor of Foreign Affairs, and Walter H. Mallory, Executive
Director of the Council on Foreign Relations, paid a visit to the
State Department. The Council proposed forming groups of experts to
proceed with research in the general areas of Security, Armament,
Economic, Political, and Territorial problems. The State Department
accepted the proposal. The project (1939-1945) was called Council on
Foreign Relations War and Peace Studies. Hamilton Fish Armstrong was
Executive director.

In February 1941 the CFR officially became part of the State
Department. The Department of State established the Division of
Special Research. It was organized just like the Council on Foreign
Relations War and Peace Studies project. It was divided into Economic,
Political, Territorial, and Security Sections. The Research
Secretaries serving with the Council groups were hired by the State
Department to work in the new division. These men also were permitted
to continue serving as Research Secretaries to their respective
Council groups. Leo Pasvolsky was appointed Director of Research.

In 1942 the relationship between the Department of State and the
Council on Foreign Relations strengthened again. The Department
organized an Advisory Committee on Postwar Foreign Policies. The
Chairman was Secretary Cordell Hull, the vice chairman, Under
Secretary Sumner Wells, Dr. Leo Pasvolsky ( director of the Division
of Special Research) was appointed Executive Officer. Several experts
were brought in from outside the Department. The outside experts were
Council on Foreign Relations War and Peace Studies members; Hamilton
Fish Armstrong, Isaiah Bowman, Benjamin V. Cohen, Norman H. Davis, and
James T. Shotwell.

In total there were 362 meetings of the War and Peace Studies groups.
The meetings were held at Council on Foreign Relations headquarters --
the Harold Pratt house, Fifty-Eight East Sixty-Eighth Street, New York
City. The Council's wartime work was confidential.17
In 1944 members of the Council on Foreign Relations The War and Peace
Studies Political Group were invited to be active members at the
Dumbarton Oaks conference on world economic arrangements. In 1945
these men and members of Britain's Royal Institute of International
Affairs were active at the San Francisco conference which ensured the
establishment of the United Nations.

In 1947 Council on Foreign Relations members George Kennan, Walter
Lippmann, Paul Nitze, Dean Achenson, and Walter Krock took part in a
psycho-political operation forcing the Marshall Plan on the American
public. The PSYOP included a "anonymous" letter credited to a Mr. X,
which appeared in the Council on Foreign Relations magazine FOREIGN
AFFAIRS. The letter opened the door for the CFR controlled Truman
administration to take a hard line against the threat of Soviet
expansion. George Kennan was the author of the letter. The Marshall
Plan should have been called the Council on Foreign Relations Plan.
The so-called Marshall Plan and the ensuing North Atlantic Treaty
Organization defined the role of the United States in world politics
for the rest of the century.

In 1950 another PSYOP resulted in NSC-68, a key cold war document. The
NSC (National Security Council) didn't write it -- the Department of
State Policy Planning Staff did. The cast of characters included CFR
members George Kennan, Paul Nitze, and Dean Achenson. NSC-68 was given
to Truman on April 7, 1950. NSC-68 was a practical extension of the
Truman doctrine. It had the US assume the role of world policeman and
use 20 per cent of its gross national product ($50 billion in 1953)
for arms. NSC-68 provided the justification -- the WORLD WIDE
COMMUNIST THREAT!

NSC-68 realized a major Council on Foreign Relations aim -- building
the largest military establishment in Peace Time History. Within a
year of drafting NSC-68, the security-related budget leaped to $22
billion, armed forces manpower was up to a million -- CFR medicine,
munition, food, and media businesses were humming again. The following
year the NSC-68 budget rose to $44 billion. In fiscal 1953 it jumped
to $50 billion. Today (1997) we are still running $300 billion dollar
defense budgets despite Russia giving up because it went bankrupt.

America would never turn back from the road of huge military spending.
Spending that included the purchase of radioactive fallout on American
citizens in the 50's, and buying thermonuclear waste from the Russians
as we approached the year 2000. Spending resulting in a national debt
of $14 Trillion Dollars that continues to grow, and interest payments
of over $400 billion a year. Is the Council on Foreign Relations
trying to make the United States economically vulnerable to influence
from outside sources? Isn't that treason?

The USA is no longer a republic. It is a Corporatocracy run by the
Council on Foreign Relations. Over 400 unelected Council on Foreign
Relations members serve in government departments and run the
government. This link leads to a list of CFR members in four
presidential administrations http://t.co/PvNMvocm A similar situation
exists in the UK. The rulers are not the people, the rulers are
members of the CFR British sister organization the Royal Institute of
International Affairs aka Chatham House. These groups run the worlds
Military Industrial Complex and profit from war, conflict, death and
destructions.
Below is the letter from the Foreign Policy Initiative. The signature
list has been modified to identify Council on Foreign Relations
members. The link to the letter is:

http://www.foreignpolicyi.org/files/uploads/images/6-20-11%20-%20Libya%20Open%20Letter%20to%20House%20GOP%20-%2039%20Sigs.pdf

 June 20, 2011

An Open Letter to House Republicans

We thank you for your leadership as Congress exercises its
Constitutional responsibilities on the issue of America's military
actions in Libya. We are gravely concerned, however, by news reports
that Congress may consider reducing or cutting funding for U.S.
involvement in the NATO-led military operations against the oppressive
regime of Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi. Such a decision would be
an abdication of our responsibilities as an ally and as the leader of
the Western alliance. It would result in the perpetuation in power of
a ruthless dictator who has ordered terrorist attacks on the United
States in the past, has pursued nuclear weapons and other weapons of
mass destruction, and who can be expected to return to these
activities should he survive. To cut off funding for current efforts
would, in short, be profoundly contrary to American interests.

We share the concerns of many in Congress about the way in which the
Obama administration has conducted and justified this operation. The
problem is not that the President has done too much, however, but that
he has done too little to achieve the goal of removing Qaddafi from
power. The United States should be leading in this effort, not
trailing behind our allies. We should be doing more to help the Libyan
opposition, which deserves our support. We should not be allowing
ourselves to be held hostage to U.N. Security Council resolutions and
irresolute allies.

What would be even worse, however, would be for the United States to
become one of those irresolute allies. The United States must see this
effort in Libya through to its conclusion. Success is profoundly in
our interests and in keeping with our principles as a nation. The
success of NATO’s operations will influence how other Middle Eastern
regimes respond to the demands of their people for more political
rights and freedoms. For the United States and NATO to be defeated by
Muammar al-Qaddafi would suggest that American leadership and
resolution were now gravely in doubt—a conclusion that would undermine
American influence and embolden our nation’s enemies.
In Speaker Boehner’s June 14, 2011, letter to President Obama, he
wrote that he believes “in the moral leadership our country can and
should exhibit, especially during such a transformational time in the
Middle East.” We share that belief, and feel that now is the time for
Congress to exhibit that moral leadership despite political pressures
to do otherwise.

Elliott Abrams CFR      Bruce Pitcairn JacksonCFR       Danielle Pletka
Gary Bauer      Ash Jain                                         John Podhoretz
Max Boot CFR    Frederick Kagan        Stephen G. Rademaker
Ellen Bork CFR  Robert Kagan CFR        Karl Rove
Scott Carpenter         Lawrence Kaplan         Randy Scheunemann
Liz Cheney      William Kristol         Gary Schmitt
Seth Cropsey    Robert Lieber CFR       Dan Senor
Thomas Donnelly         Tod Lindberg CFR        Michael Singh
Eric Edelman    Michael Makovsky        Henry D. Sokolski CFR
Jamie Fly                         Ann Marlowe   Marc Thiessen
Reuel Marc Gerecht      Clifford D. May         Kenneth Weinstein
John Hannah     Joshua Muravchik CFRPaul Wolfowitz CFR
William Inboden         Martin Peretz   R. James Woolsey CFR

--
Please consider seriously the reason why these elite institutions are not
discussed in the mainstream press despite the immense financial and political

"PEPIS" group. Please feel free to forward it to anyone who might be interested
particularly your political representatives, journalists and spiritual
leaders/dudes.