On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 05:19:34PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 04:57 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> > I applied the patch in September, because I completely forgot about that
> >
> > email. The idea was install all modules into core directory
> > /usr/lib64/perl5 or /usr/share/perl5. The vendorarch directory
> >
> > /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perlshould beempty.
> Well, what I am observing is the opposite of what you describe.
>
> f15-built modules land in %{_libdir}/perl5/vendor_perl
> while
> f14-built modules land in %{_libdir}/perl5,

That's because F14 spec files installs into vendor, not into
perl/core.

> > If core and vendor are the same as it is in F-14, then it's non-existent
> > module looked up twice in the same path without luck.
> >
> > So, my suggestion is change all modules to install into core directories
> > and leave vendorarch empty for personal RPMs, which also cut down time for
> > looking up
>
> How comes, f14 already did so and f15 has stopped doing so?

No, it didn't. See spec files.

And that should be fixed. We would like to fix spec file when it will be
touched for some reason (e.g. version upgrade). We decided not to do massive
rebuild because vaste majority of packages does not need that.

If there are some packages that open files manually, this is a problem and
they should be rebuilt. IMHO those packages should their data install outside
perl include paths as they are not a code. However perl have no standard way
how to do it.

-- Petr

Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl