Upstream has now released a Test2-based version of Test-Simple as a stable release, bundling Test2. I have a package update ready to go for Rawhide (only) but I'm holding off probably until Monday morning to see if upstream invokes a contingency plan (see http://blogs.perl.org/users/chad_exodist_granum/2016/05/test2test-simple-released.html) in the event of severe problems with this major refactoring of a module in very widespread use.

The new package will obsolete/provide the existing perl-Test2 package.

Transition information can be found at:
https://metacpan.org/pod/release/EXODIST/Test-Simple-1.302015/lib/Test2/Transition.pod

Paul.
--