On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 07:47:59AM +0200, Jitka Plesnikova wrote:
> Perl 5.28 change was discussed on FESCO meeting and was accepted.
> Perl 5.28 was released on June 23 2018 and mass rebuild can start.
>
> I have required `f29-perl' build-root for this purpose and it was created.
>
> I will start the rebuild later today and you can be notified via mail about
> commits/builds in next days.
>
> Please do not build anything into `f29-perl'. Boot-strapping core modules
> is very peculiar. I also track all changes. You can do your upgrades into
> rawhide freely in parallel.
>
> You can check status on Perl 5.28 change page
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/perl5.28>

We have successfully built all packages except ten of them. I requested to
merge f29-perl tag back into f29 tag
<https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7583#comment-519846> recently. Once rel-engs
do that, Perl 5.28.0 will become available in Fedora 29. If you built your
Perl package in the mean time, you would have to rebuild your package after
the merge again.

-- Petr