On Mar 20, 2009, at 7:44 AM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

On Mar 20, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Hi,
i just test PasswordPolicy and want to modify passwords with
Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword, but when i run this script,
$msg->gen_password() creats a random password and modifies
newpassword=> with the radom generated value instead of the defined
password. Is this a bug or is my script bogus. The docs say

gen_password ( )
Return the password generated in the previous "set_password()"
         call.

My guess is that the documentation is wrong. The LDAP extended operation used returns the server generated password. In your use of the operation, the server didn't generate a password, so the generated password field should not be present in the server's response.

That is, the documentation should say something like:
Return the password generated by the server in response to the set_password() call when applicable.

-- Kurt