--On Friday, March 22, 2013 11:13 PM +0100 Natxo Asenjo <natxo.ase...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi,

I am coding a perl dancer web app that will fetch/write info to an
ldap backend (freeipa.org). The ldap vendor is 389, the old netscape
ldap server.

This backend includes kerberos.

So without sasl, it works great. But i would like to avoid passwords
provided we already have a kerberos infrastructure. And I get this
error:

substr outside of string at
/opt/perl5/perls/perl-5.14.2/lib/site_perl/5.14.4/Authen/SASL/Perl.pm
line 333.

Dancer very helpfully displays that line for me:

my $x = $self->{conn}->encode(substr($_[1], $offset || 0, $bsz));

but this tells me very little.

This is a slightly modified script that binds to the ldap server. I
get an ldap/REALM ticket so I know that piece is working:

use strict;
use warnings;

use Net::LDAP;
use Authen::SASL;

Personally I never found Authen::SASL to work well... There used to be a C based SASL API that linked to cyrus-sasl for Perl that worked great. But the pure perl SASL implementation had too many issues for me in addition to being slow as molasses.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff