Chris Ridd <chrisr...@mac.com> wrote:
> I would note that storing entries subordinate to user entries is rather
> unusual.

yes, it is, the idea was to hold all related to user branches in one
single root

here there is the diagram of DB topology:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/z-eos/umi/master/doc/umi-db-diagram-plane.png

> So there are two cases to consider:
> * user B already exists

yes, it is
the idea is to reassign some existing subordinate branch to
another existent user

> In the first case, you can iterate through all of user A's immediate
> children and modifydn each of them.

it is just what I do, but it involves a lot of „hand“ work (the URL I
provided in my initial post)

> Do you delete user A at the end?

no, the idea is to delegate some service of user A to user B

> Alternative in the first case, you could delete user B first and then
> just use modifydn once to move user A to user B.

no, it is not what is needed since user B has his own, assigned to him
services

> You may need to refine your question a bit more.

was I successful in that?

> Net::LDAP's moddn method does not take a „recursively“ option.

may it sound sane to add it to the method?

> The LDAP modifydn operation is already defined to move all the entry's
> children.

I believe, it'd be great to have something like that in Net::LDAP too ...

--
Zeus V. Panchenko                               jid:z...@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC                                       GMT+2 (EET)