Using EV for a daemon re-write and have run into a little trouble.

Original daemon redirected STDERR to a variable $stderr and each time
through the daemon's while loop, I simply checked if the variable had
data and wrote it to syslog as an error if it did.  Then I'd clear the
variable and carry on.

I'm now trying to re-create this using EV and I'm having problemss.

NOTE:  I can't write the output to a file and watch the file.  Due to
operational restrictions, STDERR must go directly to syslog.

I've managed to setup a periodic watcher to write the $stderr variable
to syslog, but it won't clear.  I also tried to setup a watcher directly
on STDERR, but that didn't seem to work at all.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

PS.  Thanks for EV and Net::SNMP::EV.  I was fighting to do this with
POE and EV has been a life saver!

Peter Maynard