On 9/23/01 2:03 AM, "Simon Cozens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 07:38:22PM -0700, Zach Lipton wrote:
>> Actually, once the tinderbox server is set-up (still not sure how this is
>> coming) why not turn this into tinderbox clients?
>
> Because they don't allow outgoing network connections. You'd have to be
> pretty clever about getting your results back.

This makes it harder, but nothing is impossible. When I wrote the tinderbox
client (which I will post on cpan once the server is up and running), I
created Tindermail.pm which handles all the details of emailing the results
back. Instead, we stick them in one central place and have a client helper
(which I am working on now) that uses Net::FTP to fetch each log from the
tinderbox clients and email the results to the server. It takes an extra
step and isn't pretty, but it works.

Zach