On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 03:13:12PM -0500, Aaron J Mackey wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
> > I can never keep it straight when to put an apostrophe on /it'?s/
>
> It's very simple.  If you can replace the "its" with "it is", then there's
> an apostrophe to denote the contraction.
>
> If you need another simple rule, think about this: "hers, his, its", not
> "her's, hi's, it's".

Thank you.  I'll file that away in my brane along with such other
important information like the number of times President Ford tripped
in public and the words to the Oscar Meyer Bologna song. :P

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One