On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 12:52:01PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 02:00:06PM +0000, Mark Fowler wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Mark Fowler wrote:
> >
> > > I'd really like to see that it still works on a system that
> > > doesn't have Term::ANSIColor installed on it (it should turn colouring
> > > into a no-op and skip tests, but I can't test that.)
> >
> > D'Oh!  No it shouldn't.  As color should work (just without colouring) on
> > systems that don't have Term::ANSIColor installed then the tests shouldn't
> > be skipped at all, they should be carried out to explicitly check that
> > then still work without it.
> >
> > Code updated so that it should do just that.
>
> I think that if you have enough disk space you should be able to
> build yourself a second perl install that doesn't have
> Term::ANSIColor installed, by configuring perl to use a different
> prefix and ensuring it doesn't have any of the "standard" places to
> find libraries in INC.

Simpler thing to do would be to create t/lib/fake/Term/ANSIColor.pm
which is something like:

    package Term::ANSIColor;
    die, die, die, die, die "Can't locate Term/ANSIColor.pm in \@INC\n";

and then when you want to simulate not having Term::ANSIColor in the
tests you can do:

    unshift @INC, 't/lib/fake';

and any unshielded require/use of Term::ANSIColor will explode
convincingly.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One
       Newsday, Sunday, March 20, 1988