Michael The Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> says:
> Use alarm and skip the test if $Config{d_alarm} is false (see
> t/op/alarm.t for an example).  If you think the infinite loop is due
> to a programming glitch, as opposed to a cross-platform issue, this
> will be enough.

Thanks very much!

> The only other thing I can think of is to set up a parent process
> which forks off a child

ARRRGH.  NO FORK.

Actually that reminds me of another puzzle I have.  My module provides
an interface to 'flock'.  What is an easy way to check that the file
is actually being locked?  I put off writing the tests because i did
not want to fork.

Is this mailing list the right place to ask "how do I test for X"
questions?  Or would the module-authors list be more appropriate?