http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/Test-Inline-0.15.tar.gz

One bug fix, one hack.

First, the line numbers reported by the tests are now correct.  So
when it says the test failed on line 198, the test failed on line 198
and not 197.  The way I did it is sort of nasty, but it works.

Second, I'm having to hack in a way to support 'open(STDOUT,
">somefile")' in the code being tested.  Currently it just pukes
because STDOUT is tied to a class with no OPEN method.  With this at
least it doesn't puke, but it also doesn't do the right thing.

So the question is, what is the right thing?  I believe it's...

    print "foo";    # trapped and sent to $_STDOUT_.

    open(SAVEOUT, ">&STDOUT");
    open(STDOUT, ">somefile");
    print "foo";    # sent to 'somefile' as normal

    open(STDOUT, ">&SAVEOUT");
    print "foo";    # trapped and sent to $_STDOUT_.

on the theory that you only want to capture stuff which would go to
the screen, otherwise you'll be changing the behavior of the program.

Now I just have to figure out how to implement that.

0.15  Thu Apr 11 15:45:53 EDT 2002
    - Hacked in a solution for when code tries to redirect STDOUT or
      STDERR.  The behavior when redirecting STDOUT & STDERR is
      currently *UNDEFINED* but at least it doesn't blow up.
    * Off-by-some line number bugs now fixed.  Embedded tests should
      report correct line numbers.  __LINE__ should now be correct.

0.14  Thu Feb 28 12:38:53 EST 2002
    * pod2test now provides an $Original_File
    * Fixed handling of "print STDERR ..." in tests
    * Fixed $_STDERR_ and $_STDOUT_ so they clear themselves
      between test blocks (bug reported by Wolfgang Weisselberg)
    - Some point between Test::More 0.30 and 0.33 it became unsafe
      to redirect STDOUT/STDERR in tests.  This broke pod2test.
      The minimum version of Test::More has been uped (again, thanks
      Wolfgang)

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One