It's been noticed that there's a lot of this going on in the core tests.

.../ext/Sys/Syslog/syslog..............ok, 3/6 skipped: assuming syslog doesn't accept
inet connections

and it's unsightly for most people's 80 column terminals.

To properly fix this would require ripping apart Test::Harness's formatting
code, not something I want to do this close to 5.8.  But if anyone has some
extra energy lying around, they could sweep through the skip messages in the
core tests and just shorten them a bit, that will hold things together for a
while.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One