On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:34:48PM -0500, Danny Faught wrote:
> I just tried to install Test::More 0.45 under Cygwin on Windows 2000.
> It fails the output test.  Same results on two different machines, and
> also on version 0.44.  I'm running perl 5.6.1.  All other tests pass.
> All tests, including output, pass on Cygwin on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a.
>
> The subtest is expecting the text "hi!", but it actually gets "hi!\r" (a
> carriage return on the end).
>
> Anyone see this before?  Is chomp not dealing with text-mode files
> properly?

Never seen it in 5.6.1, but it sounds like an odd chomp() mistake.  Where
did you get this perl?

> Also, I see a few tests are skipped because they say they need
> Test::Harness version 1.20 or 1.23.  But I just installed 1.26 - CPAN
> listed it as a prerequisite.

Did you install it or "install" it?  ie. Did you run 'make install' (or
nmake install) or just copy the .pm files somewhere?  The normal
installation process should overwrite the old Test::Harness.

PS  Test::Harness is way beyond 1.26.

--
This sig file temporarily out of order.