On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Adrian Howard wrote:

> Can anybody give me a definitive version of when TODO tests started
> working in Test::Harness? From the Changes file I'm currently assuming
> everything after Test::Harness 2.03 inclusive should be okay.
>
> Personally, I would tend towards leaving the prerequisites to
> Test::Builder alone. I think I'm right in saying that everything
> except TODO tests work fine with the earlier Test::Harness, so it
> seems unhelpful to prevent people using the rest of the distribution.
>
> Maybe throw out a warning that TODO tests won't work on the
> Test::Builder install if the latest Test::Harness isn't installed?

Assuming Test::Harness 2.03+ is a drop-in replacement for earlier
Test::Harness's (which it mostly is, I think), there's no reason for
Test::More to not require it.  It implements a core feature of
Test::More/Builder.

Having every module author who uses todo tests require Test::Harness 2.03
is rather silly.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun