On Monday, November 11, 2002, at 04:10  am, Michael G Schwern wrote:

At YAPC::Europe there was some discussion about Test::Builder->level,
$Test::Builder::Level and the fact that they don't really work well as
implemented.  I know we reached some sort of consensus about how to do it
better, but I've forgotten it.
Yet another suggestion to add to the list of possible options.

Most of the time when I need to mess with level, the code that does
the test is sitting in a different package from the one that is
calling the test. How about having it walk up the call stack until it
find a package that differs from the one it was called in?

No nasty messing with numbers and you don't have to fiddle with it
every time you add/remove a sub in the call chain.

Adrian